Firstly, many congratulations on your engagement! We are very pleased that you are considering being married in one of our two churches.
Do look at http://www.yourchurchwedding.org as this site contains a wealth of information about getting married in a church and will answer many of your questions.
Can I get married in your church?
As long as it is legal for you to get married, then it doesn’t matter what your beliefs are, whether you’ve been christened, or even whether you go to church – the answer is probably “yes”. (A complication may arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward).
You can marry in our village churches if one of you:
- Has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least six months or
- Was baptised in the parish or
- Was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- Has at any time regularly gone to normal Sunday services in the parish church for a period of
- six months.
Or if one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- Has lived in the parish for a period of six months or
- Has regularly gone to normal Sunday Services in the parish for a period of at least six months
- Or if one of your parents or grandparents:
- Was married in the parish
If none of the above apply at the moment, it is possible to place a provisional booking, which we can firm up after you have attended regularly for six months.
How much will it cost?
Currently the basic cost is £579, this nationally set fee increases annually in relation to the RPI. The final cost may be higher when optional extras such as bells, choir, heating etc are included.
Wedding service application
To discuss making a reservation, please fill out our Wedding service application and one of our team will get in touch. If you have any questions please don't hessiate to send us a message via the Contact Us page